Monday, July 19, 2010

Knight And Day

I don't know what to say about this film, apart from the fact that it is luke warm at best.

Directed by James Mangold who brought me one of my favourite films of all time in Copland, a film that had depth and character and life.

Now sure Knight and Day is meant to be breezy, so depth can be left at the door but it sure as shit is meant to have some character to it and definetly should have some life and it had nothing of either.

Now, I'm ready to admit that I'm a huge fan of the Cruiser, I think his choice of film has been brilliant up until recenlty where it seems to be he's choosing projects now on what will keep him number one instead of focusing on the character and the story. I mean thi sis the guy from Risky Business, Who was brilliant in Rain Man, remarkable in BOrn on the 4th of july and astonishing in Magnolia and lets not forget transformative in Tropic THunder. He really is a character actor stuck with leading man parts. But he seems to be just seeking out the leading man stuff and forgetting about anything else. But to be honest he is the one saving grace in this film, he has just enough quick remarks that make you chuckle to make the film bearable.

As for everyone else in the film they all seem to be mildly switched on.

To be honest was I expecting much from this film? Not really? But with the talent on display I really should have got a whole lot more.

Watch it for the first 40 minutes the rest is all just a bit.... bleh.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment